Singer Sir Paul McCartney is reportedly set to headline the 2012 London Olympics opening ceremony. The 69-year-old former Beatles star has reportedly spoken to bosses of the event and said he’s ‘up for’ a performance at the opening show on July 27. It was hoped that he would reunite with his Beatles bandmate Ringo Starr but he is unable to make it as he will be touring in America. A source said to UK Newspaper Daily Mirror: “The hope was to have the cream of British music all in the line up, but it now looks like Macca will be joined by some younger stars on stage. “But of all the people you would want, McCartney is number one. He is the ultimate showman and guaranteed to get the Olympics off to a great start.” It’s claimed the final details and song choices are yet to be decided.
Source: Splash News
Katie Price spent two hours at the offices of Sir Paul McCartney’s lawyer Fiona Shackleton, as she prepares to make her split with Peter Andre official.
The 31-year-old and hubby Peter Andre, 36, recently revealed they were separating after three-and-a-half years of marriage.
Shackleton represented Sir Paul McCartney when he split from ex-wife Heather Mills.
The glamour model, also known as Jordan, was pictured leaving the offices with her brother Daniel Price, before heading into the Mayfair Hotel.
Hubby Peter Andre was also spotted visiting his solicitors last week.
It was recently revealed that Katie has pulled out of a planned appearance on British chat show Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.